The Bosch 300 Series Review
Of the most popular dishwashers out there, you will often hear the brand – Bosch. Not only are they popular but through our testing over the years their also one of the very best. Featuring designs that are not just allocate and practical, Bosch dishwashers consistently get the job done while being energy efficient and getting plates clean and dry.
In late 2017, Bosch did a lot of updates with some new features and improvements of old ones.
These improvements include the 300, 500, 800 and the Benchmark series. In testing the Bosch 300 series SHXM63WS5N, we can truly say that this newly improved dishwasher is a safe bet.
Whats’s New for the 300 Series
Bosch made some changes with their dishwashers because they are a company that values customer feedback. This feedback from customers has been noted and put into place with the new lineup. Some of these new features include better drying, the ability to include bigger dishes and less operational time. Most of these new features can be found on the 300 series model.
List of New Features
- Reduced Noise – Noise has been reduced between 44 and 46 dBA.
- 24/7 Aqua Stop – should there ever be a water leak, the dishwasher will shut down and drain all the water. This also works when the dishwasher is not in operation.
- RackMatic – now standard on the 300 series which was only available only 500 series is an adjustable upper rack with three different height levels.
- New Third Rack – all Bosch dishwashers are fitted with a third Rack including the 300.
- ExtraDry – this feature increases temperatures while the dishes are drying for better moisture evaporation.
- Speed60 Cycle – don’t have much time? This new feature allows you to complete a full cycle in just 60 minutes.
- Water Softener – The SGE53U55UC is equipped with a built in water softener which helps with water spots.
- Easy Glide Wheels – sliding the racks are now much easier with these newly improved wheels
A Lot of Options
The 300 series boasts a lineup of 25 different models. Manufactured in New Bern, NC, a 300 series can be purchased in black, white, stainless steel or an integrated look with a panel option. For traditional kitchens you may opt to go with the 300 series with the bar style handle. For a more modern and sleek look, you can choose models that have a recessed handle.
The 300 series have many options, even more than some 500 series models.
For our recommendations the 300 series is a great option and reduce stress that you choose this over the entry level Bosch Ascenta series that don’t do as great a job cleaning dishes.
We love the 300 series Bosch dishwashers and even more so with these upgrades. There are just a couple of downsides when comparing it to the 500 at 800 series. They are not as quiet as the pricier dishwashers and the third rack is not as spacious so you will be able to fit as much as the other models. However the 300 series will clean your dishes thoroughly and quickly with noise levels suitable for most.